Due March 2 2018.
The Conference of Latin Americanist Geographers invites applications for the 2018 CLAG Travel Awards to support student travel to CLAG 2018 in Costa Rica. CLAG will offer a limited number of travel grants to students (up to $500) in support of attendance.
- Members of CLAG before the application deadline
- Registration for CLAG Costa Rica 2018
- Submission of cover letter explaining need for travel support
- Submission of an extended abstract not exceeding 1,000 words summarizing research to be presented at CLAG Costa Rica 2018
- All awardees must provide a home address (necessary for CLAG’s IRS reporting obligations)
- US awardees must supply a US social security number to the CLAG Treasurer before receiving the award (necessary for CLAG’s IRS reporting obligations).
Extended abstracts (less than 1,000 words) will be evaluated on criteria including but not limited to the following:
- Coherent research question situated in relevant theoretical or conceptual literature
- Clearly described research design
- Cogent description of results or findings
- Compelling discussion of results or findings
A selection committee will review all applications and make a recommendation to the Honors committee chair. Awardees will be notified by March 30, 2018. The award winners will be recognized at the 2018 CLAG-LASG Business Meeting at the AAG Annual Meeting in New Orleans and on the CLAG website.
All applications should be submitted via email to Christian Brannstrom (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than March 2, 2018 as a single document that includes the following items:
- Evidence of registration for CLAG 2018
- cover letter
- application form
- Essay of fewer than 1,000 words
Please save the file as “YourLastName_CLAG_2018_Travel.docx”. Email subject line should indicate “CLAG 2018 Travel Award Application”.