CLAG publishes the Journal of Latin American Geography, and CLAG membership includes a subscription to the Journal of Latin American Geography. The University of Texas Press distributes JLAG and manages CLAG membership transactions. To join CLAG or renew your membership, please go to the UT Press website; when you subscribe to JLAG you join CLAG and vice versa.
Your membership in CLAG will entitle you to our two publications:
Students should remember to send a copy of their student ID to secure their subscription at the student rate. Please send to:
Journals Customer Service
University of Texas Press
If you would like to only receive the digital edition of JLAG, write a note to that effect in the special instructions box when subscribing. However, be aware that when you elect to receive the digital edition only, you will have to access JLAG through Project MUSE.
Here are some benefits of CLAG membership:
- Participation in a community that started nearly five decades ago, spans the hemisphere and Europe, includes several generations, and is central to maintaining Latin Americanist faculty lines in university programs.
- An opportunity to make professional contacts that can assist with research logistics, recommendations, teaching materials, and other types of support.
- An international conference that is large enough to be diverse but small enough to appreciate it.
- Opportunities to do service toward building an academic career.
- Awards to graduate students for research and travel (join for $20 and become eligible for $500 in travel funds and $1,500 in research grants).
- Awards to recognize scholarship and service.
- Participation in a non-profit, international organization that works to enhance the diversity of perspectives involved in research on the places of the Americas as well as to mitigate the global divide in access to the resulting research publications.
- An opportunity to support JLAG, the world’s only academic periodical that specializes in geographical research on Latin America and the Caribbean, and one that is published with enough frequency (three issues per year) to ensure a relatively short time from submission to print.
Dues are as follows:
- Individual members (U.S. residents) $70
- Individual members (Canadian residents) $92*
- Individual members (foreign, non-Latin American residents) $102*
- Individual members (all Latin American residents, faculty and students) $20
- Students/Retirees (U.S.) $20
- Students/Retirees (Canada) $42*
- Students/Retirees (foreign, non-Latin American) $52*
- Institution (U.S.) $120
- Institution (Canada) $142*
- Institution (all foreign) $152*
- Lifetime (anywhere) $700**
*Higher cost reflects additional shipping cost for JLAG.
** Contact CLAG Treasurer for payment information.
To subscribe to JLAG and join CLAG please go to the following University of Texas Press site which has a secure server for processing credit card use, and a printable subscription/order form.
Please direct your questions concerning UT Press to email@example.com.