Due October 20 2019
Application deadline extended to October 20th 2019.
The Conference of Latin American Geography invites applications for the CLAG Travel Awards to support student travel to CLAG 2020 in Antigua, Guatemala. CLAG will offer a limited number of travel grants to students (up to $500) in support of attendance.
- Enrolled in a graduate program (or ABD)
- Members of CLAG before the application deadline
- Registered for CLAG Antigua, Guatemala 2020 (at time of application)
- Will be presenting a paper--priority will be given to students presenting research (even if preliminary) over proposals
- Complete application as described below
- Submission of an extended abstract not exceeding 1,000 words summarizing research to be presented at CLAG Antigua Guatemala, 2020.
- All awardees must provide a home address (necessary for CLAG’s IRS reporting obligations)
Applications must include the following items as a single document:
- Proof of registration for CLAG 2020
- Cover letter (1 page) letter that introduces the research and briefly explains need for travel support
- Application form (see below)
- Extended abstract (< 1,000 words) summarizing the research to be presented at CLAG Antigua 2020. Abstracts will be evaluated on criteria including but not limited to the following:
- Coherent research question situated in relevant theoretical or conceptual literature
- Clearly described research design
- Cogent description of results or findings
- Compelling discussion of results or findings
A selection committee will review all applications and make a recommendation to the Honors committee chair. Awardees will be notified in late November. The award winners will be recognized at the 2020 CLAG-LASG Business Meeting at the AAG Annual Meeting in Denver and on the CLAG website.
All applications should be submitted via email to Christian Abizaid (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than October 20th, 2019.
Please save the file as “YourLastName_CLAG_2020_Travel.docx”. Email subject line should indicate “CLAG 2020 Travel Award Application”.