Due October 3 2019.
The Conference of Latin American Geography invites applications for the CLAG Travel Awards to support student travel to CLAG 2020 in Antigua, Guatemala. CLAG will offer a limited number of travel grants to students (up to $500) in support of attendance.
- Enrolled in a graduate program (or ABD)
- Members of CLAG before the application deadline
- Registered for CLAG Antigua, Guatemala 2020 (at time of application)
- Will be presenting a paper--priority will be given to students presenting research (even if preliminary) over proposals
- Complete application as described below
- Submission of an extended abstract not exceeding 1,000 words summarizing research to be presented at CLAG Antigua Guatemala, 2020.
- All awardees must provide a home address (necessary for CLAG’s IRS reporting obligations)
Applications must include the following items as a single document:
- Proof of registration for CLAG 2020
- Cover letter (1 page) letter that introduces the research and briefly explains need for travel support
- Application form (see below)
- Extended abstract (< 1,000 words) summarizing the research to be presented at CLAG Antigua 2020. Abstracts will be evaluated on criteria including but not limited to the following:
- Coherent research question situated in relevant theoretical or conceptual literature
- Clearly described research design
- Cogent description of results or findings
- Compelling discussion of results or findings
A selection committee will review all applications and make a recommendation to the Honors committee chair. Awardees will be notified in late November. The award winners will be recognized at the 2020 CLAG-LASG Business Meeting at the AAG Annual Meeting in Denver and on the CLAG website.
All applications should be submitted via email to Christian Abizaid (email@example.com) no later than October 3rd, 2019 as a single document that includes the following items:
Please save the file as “YourLastName_CLAG_2020_Travel.docx”. Email subject line should indicate “CLAG 2020 Travel Award Application”.