CLAG Student Travel Awards 2022
The Conference of Latin American Geography invites applications for the 2022 CLAG Travel Awards to support student travel to CLAG 2022 Meeting in Tucson, Arizona. CLAG will offer a limited number of travel grants to students (approximately $500) in support of attendance.
- Enrolled in a graduate program (or ABD)
- Members of CLAG before the application deadline
- Registered for CLAG Tucson 2022 (at time of application)
- Will be presenting a paper--priority will be given to students presenting research (even if preliminary) over proposals
- Complete application as described below
Applications must include the following items as a single document:
- Proof of registration for CLAG 2022
- Cover letter (1 page) letter that introduces the research and briefly explains need for travel support
- Application form (see below)
- Extended abstract (< 1,000 words) summarizing the research to be presented at CLAG Tucson 2022. Abstracts will be evaluated on criteria including but not limited to the following:
- Coherent research question situated in relevant theoretical or conceptual literature
- Clearly described research design
- Cogent description of results or findings
- Compelling discussion of results or findings
Application materials may be in English, Spanish, or Portuguese.
All applications should be submitted via email to Rebecca Clouser (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than October 15, 2021. A selection committee will review all applications and make a recommendation to the Honors committee chair. Awardees will be notified in mid-November and will be formally recognized in Tucson and on the CLAG website.
Please save the file as “YourLastName_CLAG_2022_Travel.docx”. Email subject line should indicate “CLAG 2022 Travel Award Application”.