Fall 2019 Newsletter – Call for Contributions
We hope you find all well in the new year. For those that attended the CLAG 50th Anniversary Meeting, we wish a safe return to normal activities, be what they may. And for those that didn’t make it, best wishes for the next time.
Come one, come all, it is time for the next CLAG/LASG newsletter! The newsletter is a bi-annual publication that serves to share news on academic activity within our community and beyond. Submissions due by January 20th 2020.
So, if you have anything that fits in to:
– RECENT PUBLICATIONS – in print only, please. Please follow the format used in JLAG, except include everybody’s full first name. Also, please provide hyperlinks or DOIs.
– RECENT BOOKS PUBLISHED – please send the website from the publisher as well as a photo of the author
– RECENT AWARDS – photos of recipients and a brief description welcome
– RECENT MASTERS AND PHD GRADUATES – photos of graduates welcome along with details of their work
– NEW POSITIONS – advertisements for positions or positions that members have recently accepted at universities, NGOs, corporations, governments, etc.
– UPCOMING CONFERENCES & OTHER ACTIVITIES – that would be of interest to our fellow members (this includes activities graduate students have organized or are involved in)
– FIELDWORK UPDATES – fieldwork in Latin America, programs about Latin America run by members at their universities and in particular images from graduate or junior faculty fieldwork accompanied by a brief statement of research.
– OTHER NOTEWORTHY ACTIVITIES – involving our members & Latin America
– GREAT PHOTOS OF LATIN AMERICA – we are still seeking photos to spruce up the CLAG website.
We look forward to hearing from you, the scholarly community engaged in Latin America Geography. If you are curious about formats and content see previous editions at: http://clagscholar.org/publications/newsletter/.
When you are ready to submit please send information that you would like published in the newsletter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE – January 20th, 2020