The Conference of Latin America Geography (CLAG) is a non-profit organization with a mission to foster geographic education and research on Latin America, publish the Journal of Latin America Geography (JLAG), and host the conference of Latin America Geography. Membership is open to all who wish to further the mission of CLAG.
CLAG publishes the Journal of Latin American Geography, and CLAG membership includes a subscription to the Journal of Latin American Geography. The University of Texas Press distributes JLAG and manages CLAG membership transactions. To join CLAG or renew your membership, please go to the UT Press website; when you subscribe to JLAG you join CLAG and vice versa.
Here are some benefits of CLAG membership:
- Participation in a community that started nearly five decades ago, spans the hemisphere and Europe, includes several generations, is central to promoting research on Latin America and its diaspora, and seeks to maintain faculty lines focused on Latin America in university programs everywhere.
- An opportunity to make professional contacts that can assist with research logistics, recommendations, teaching materials, and other types of support.
- An invitation to attend CLAG’s international conference that is large enough to be diverse but small enough to allow for meaningful professional and collegial engagement.
- Opportunities to do service toward building an academic career.
- Contributing to an organization that supports young scholars. CLAG grants awards to graduate students for research and travel (join for $20 and become eligible for $500 in travel funds and $1,500 in research grants).
- Awards to recognize scholarship and service.
- Participation in a non-profit, international organization that works to enhance the diversity of perspectives involved in research on the places of the Americas as well as to mitigate the global divide in access to the resulting research publications.
- An opportunity to support JLAG, the world’s only academic periodical that specializes in geographical research on Latin America and the Caribbean, and one that is published with enough frequency (three issues per year) to ensure a relatively short time from submission to print.
CLAG publishes the Journal of Latin American Geography, and CLAG membership includes a subscription to the Journal of Latin American Geography. Indeed, your membership in CLAG will entitle you to all of our publications:
- Journal of Latin American Geography (three issues per year)
- CLAGnet listserv subscription
- Bi-annual newsletters
If you would like to only receive the digital edition of JLAG, make sure to select that option when joining CLAG or renewing your membership. However, be aware that when you elect to receive the digital edition only, you will have to access JLAG through Project MUSE.
CLAG Membership Dues:
- Individual members (U.S. residents) $70
- Individual members (Canadian residents) $92*
- Individual members (foreign, non-Latin American residents) $102*
- Individual members (all Latin American residents, faculty and students) $20
- Students/Retirees (U.S.) $20 †
- Students/Retirees (Canada) $42 *
- Students/Retirees (foreign, non-Latin American) $52 *
- Institution (U.S.) $120
- Institution (Canada) $142 *
- Institution (all foreign) $152 *
- Lifetime (anywhere) $700 **
† Students should remember to send a copy of their student ID to secure their subscription at the student rate. At the time of membership purchase please send a copy to:
Journals Customer Service
University of Texas Press
* Higher cost reflects additional shipping cost for JLAG.
** Contact CLAG Treasurer for payment information.
Please direct your questions to email@example.com.