- Nominate individuals for CLAG awards as appropriate; awards usually are presented at CLAG meeting banquets, so two years' awards may need to be bundled in a single meeting.
- Develop a procedure for producing attractive award certificates.
- Develop strategies to increase membership, especially internationally.
- Seek out funding sources for international travel to CLAG meetings.
- Nominate new persons for Board positions.
- Develop the next Meeting with the cooperation of the Executive Director.
- Evaluate the production of the Journal of Latin American Geography.
- Develop additional publications.
- Develop membership recruitment flyers.
- Brainstorm innovations for the CLAG Newsletter.
- Explore ways that CLAG may help with the teaching of Latin American geography and environmental studies in high schools and elementary schools.
- Provide information for the CLAG Newsletter on grant and research opportunities available for Latin Americanist geographers.